How to Build Custom Background Maps in Tableau.
1. I am using the Baseball Stadium data. And I am going to show the Player Positions in the Baseball Ground.
2. First Download the Baseball Stadium Image from the Google and save in the Local Machine.
3. Then Drag X Field into columns self and also drag the Y field into Row self. And select the aggregation as AVG.
4. Now Drag the Player Position into Details at marks card level.
5. Now we have to set the background Image to the sheet. So go to Map on the Menu bar, and select the Background Image option. Then select the Sheet 1 Stadium data. Then it will open the new window. As shown below.
6. Now select the ‘Add Image’ option and it will open the new window.
7. Click on Browse option and select the file path and then click on Open. Now the Image is shown on the Image Preview window on right side.
8. And select the X-Axis as X Field and Y-axis as Y field. Now give the values of LEFT,RIGHT,TOP & BOTTOM. As per the Player Position.
Then click on Apply and click on OK.
9. Now the visualization will shows the Player position on the Stadium.
10. The final output should be like the below image.